WHO ARE WE?
We are a highly skilled team of fitness and combat specialists dedicated to the development of students & coaches.
‘Fight’ gym’s are ten a penny in this current environment.
All of our senior coaches have been either (or both), successful competitors or coaches, producing World and domestic champions -a- plenty over the years (since the 1980’s).
Our main focus now is to take the positive and beneficial attributes of combat and fitness training, and utilise them within the various age and learning groups.
We are a ‘LEARNING’ brand.
We want to be able to help you LEARN about yourself and what you can achieve.
LEARN to shatter limitations and reach for the stars.
LEARN to live a fitter and longer life.
LEARN to be confident and more assertive.
LEARN to challenge yourself and achieve the things you didn’t think possible.
LEARN to defend yourself.
LEARN that combat sports are so much more than being a successful competitor.
LEARN that we are all in this together and we all want you to succeed.
WE ARE YOUR PROGRESS PARTNER!
How Do We Achieve This?
Juniors: 5-9 yrs: Moving through the various skill level groups (We structure each session according to age and ability, dividing students between a number of coaching staff).
Embracing life skills, technical content and person to person interaction. Helping to increase confidence and produce positive, focused young people. Regular gradings and quarterly assessments help to mark progress and set new targets and goals. Regular communication with parents and (if required) school teachers, help to identify and rectify issues.
Youths: 10-15 yrs: Helping to develop new students and maintain & improve those moving from the Juniors.
A slightly more serious approach as they enter a slightly more serious life. This program offers all the positive aspects within the junior set up, whilst preparing students for adulthood.
Good discipline, structure, life skills, punctuality, social interaction, a confident approach – all served up through combat sports training.
Adults: Covering all of the aforementioned attributes. We take many of our childhood insecurities into the ‘grown up world’. It is important to be able to focus on working through these using positive exercise and lifestyle.
Specialist Coaching: We work with many different organisations and individuals including the mental health charity Dorset Mind and various schools and local authority initiatives supporting excluded pupils. We assist in getting individuals back into mainstream schooling, and where appropriate, into employment. We also work with physically challenged students to develop, balance, strength and co-ordination. 1:2:1, small group and bespoke training available.
WHY FIT 2 BOX?
- Fit 2 Box Gym’s are recognised by the ‘Safeguarding Code In Martial Arts’ as having reached and maintained excellent safeguarding standards.
- Fit 2 Box Gym’s are recognised as a certified member of ‘NEST’ (National Education System For Training).
- Every Fit 2 Box Senior coach is highly qualified and experienced in their chosen field.
- Every Fit 2 Box Assistant coach works alongside ‘A’ class coaches undergoing constant practical assessment as part of their on-going training prior to reaching ‘Senior coach’ status.
- Every Fit 2 Box qualified coach is fully insured.
- Every Fit 2 Box adult coach is DBS checked regularly according to professional standards.
- Every Fit 2 Box coach is certified in Emergency First Aid (Emergency First Aid at work and Paediatric Emergency First Aid – OFQUAL / FAA Level 3 accreditation).
- Fit 2 Box Gym’s have a comprehensive Child Care and Child Protection policy.
- Fit 2 Box Gym’s have a comprehensive Health & Safety policy including a designated Fire Officer.
- Fit 2 Box Gym’s have a DWO (Designated Welfare Officer).